Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp
Become a DevOps Engineer
Designed with official AWS Academy cloud computing curricula, the Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp equips you with in-demand engineering training in automation, infrastructure, and Python.
Interested? Learn more:
Program at a Glance
Next Start Date
Why Learn Devops
The Demand for DevOps Experts
In Ohio, remotely, and across the United States as a whole, companies of all industries are in need of DevOps Engineers. As a rapidly growing tech field, demand for talent is projected only to increase.
According to research from Burning Glass, the demand for DevOps skills in the US will increase by 38% over the next 10 years. Businesses within all industries and sizes are actively seeking DevOps professionals. Notable local, high-tech companies like Google, AT&T, and Amazon are currently hiring.
Hiring for roles like DevOps Engineer and Platform Engineer, these companies are rapidly growing and building out their technical teams. Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp grads will be well equipped for these roles and more.
Bootcamp Application & Start Dates
Fullstack Academy is one of the longest-running and most successful tech bootcamps in the nation, with unmatched student reviews, multi-year experience in tech ed, and impressive graduate outcomes.
Graduates are assisted by a career success team and leave as members of the Fullstack community—a supportive alum network that helps open doors to future job opportunities in Ohio and beyond.
Fullstack brings its learning method, reputation, and community to the Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp to make DevOps engineering employment more attainable for individuals outside of traditional tech hubs.
How the Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp Works
|26-week, part-time training program requiring no previous experience or knowledge in DevOps|
|You’ll receive professional development assistance—resume, networking, and interview guidance to jump-start|
a lucrative career in DevOps
- Tuesday and Thursday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm ET
- Saturdays: 9:30am - 1:30pm ET
- Course Format: Live Online
There are many ways to pay for your bootcamp experience including self-pay, employer-pay, government assistance, scholarships and personal loans. Learn more about payment options.
Cleveland State University is committed to making tech education more accessible, so we’re reducing the enrollment deposit to $99* (normally $1,000). Get started on your journey before the deposit increases!
Enrollment Deposit -
Tuition During Program - $12,396
Total Tuition - $12,495
$500 Community Scholarship
For Cleveland State alums, current students, and employees.
$1,000 Military Scholarship
For active-duty service members and military veterans (for subsequent cohorts).
*Offer eligibility: Upon admittance into the program, pay the $99 deposit in full prior to the enrollment date.
Big Return on Your Investment
Graduates of the Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp will qualify for full-time positions that could earn them a starting salary that’s 48% higher than the average salary in Ohio.
What You Will Learn
Cleveland State University has partnered with AWS Academy to offer a cutting-edge curriculum that will prepare you for a role in the growing field of cloud computing.
- The program includes labs and courseware from both Fullstack Academy and AWS Academy, blended into a unique fast-track student experience to train you from beginner to certified DevOps engineer in 26 weeks.
- The curriculum is designed to help students develop technical expertise in cloud computing and help them prepare for AWS Certification.
- AWS Certifications recognize individuals with the technical skills and expertise to design, deploy, and operate applications and operations on AWS.
- Introduction to Linux Systems Architecture
- Core System Commands
- Systems Administration
- Shell Scripting Basics
- Distributions and Building from Source
- Security Hardening
- Device and OSI Concepts
- Routing and Switching
- Ports and Protocols
- Enterprise Firewalls
- Proxies and Payload Inspection
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Cloud Models and Shared Responsibilities Overview
- AWS Well-Architected Framework and Pillars
- VPCs: Native and Hybrid Network Connectivity
- Identity Access Management and Permissions
- Migration Practices and Architectures
- AWS Operational Security Best Practices
- Python Overview and Common Use Cases
- Using builtin functions and libraries
- Data Types and Structures
- Standard Data Input and Output
- Using Decision Controls
- Create Modularity with Functions
- Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC)
- Translate and Port Code
- Standardizing Data for Producers and Consumers
- Source Code Operations
- Secure Coding Practices
- Secure CI/CD
- Designing for High Availability
- Automating your Infrastructure
- Designing Web-Scale Media
- Kick Off and Team Assignments
- Scope and Level of Effort Due
- Technical Architecture and Data Flow Diagrams Due
- Developing Storage Solutions with Amazon S3
- Developing NoSQL Solutions with Amazon Dynamo DB
- Caching Information for Scalability
- Establish Dev Environment and Begin Prototyping
- Tooling and Automations
- Computing (servers)
- Monitoring and Security
- Continue Coding and Sprint Executions
- Code deployment
- Build a technical resume and craft cover letters
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile and network within the industry
- Personalized 1-1 coaching with interview and negotiation training
Certifications & Credentials
As a part of the DevOps program, students will be prepared to earn the most in-demand industry certifications. Taking these certifications is optional, but highly recommended for career success. Students can choose to take certification exams during or directly after the program.
AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- Knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies
- Defining solutions using architectural design principles based on customer requirements
- Providing implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Migrating on-premises workloads to AWS
Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp Certificate
- Awarded upon successful completion of the Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp
Study part-time to get the in-demand skills you need to launch
your tech career, plus job search support to help you land a role.
Fullstack Academy grads are highly sought after by some of the world’s leading companies.
*The Cleveland State Tech Bootcamps are powered by Fullstack Academy. The companies listed above have hired Fullstack Academy NYC graduates.
Who Should Attend
The Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp is specifically designed for beginners. There’s no experience required to apply, be accepted, or to succeed.
Successful bootcamp students have backgrounds in:
If this sounds like you, apply today and join others just like you on the first steps to a life-changing career.
The DevOps curriculum covers these main topics: 1. Linux; 2. Networking; 3. AWS; 4. Python and 5. Enterprise DevOps. From there, students work on learning key DevOps skills and concepts through the Cloud Architecting, Cloud Developing, and Cloud Operations courses from AWS Academy. Grads of the Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp learn the skills they need to be qualified for entry-level roles like DevOps Professional and Release Engineer.
For a syllabus on your program of interest, click here and fill out the form.
Yes, the Cleveland State DevOps Bootcamp is beginner-friendly. It’s specifically designed for professionals who have no previous experience in DevOps. While some background knowledge is helpful, the only expectation is that students have general computer literacy skills in basics like using the internet.
As part of the bootcamp program, we'll train you to earn three of the most in-demand certifications in the field of DevOps:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Taking each certification exam is optional but highly recommended for career success. If you feel like you're ready, then take the exams as you go through the bootcamp. Otherwise, we recommend earning the certifications soon after you graduate.
You will pay the exam fee at the testing center where you take your exam(s). The cost for the AWS certification exams is currently $150 each.
As part of this program, you will create an account on Amazon Web Services then work on it. You should plan to spend up to $300 on your AWS account as you work through the bootcamp.
Your time with our career success team will include everything from workshops to one-on-one office hours to phone chats before big interviews. And on top of all that, the team will be working behind the scenes to find openings that are right for you and staying up-to-date on the latest recruiting trends to make sure they prepare you for everything.
Ready to Start Learning?
Once you’re ready to start your tech journey, here are the steps you can expect in the admissions process.
- Fill out our online application form
- Take our nontechnical assessment
- No DevOps experience required
- Covers logical reasoning
- Sent to you immediately upon submission of application
- Receive an entrance decision